background

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Tonight is my last ....

.... night in Tulsa...



It has been a really fun, busy week and I have met some really nice (and some not so nice) ladies that have the same passion for needlecraft as I do.  I have lots of pictures to share so I will break things up into multiple posts.  I'm pretty tired and plan to get on the road real early tomorrow heading back home (unless I get that text from my son that Chelsea is in labor and it is "eviction" day for Nash !! then I will take a detour to Ft. Campbell).

One thing I have discovered this week is that when you get a bunch of females together you will suddenly be transported back to high school and the "clicks" ... You remember those ... The ones that if spoken to look at you like you have turned green or have a third eye ... There were those ... then there were groups that invited you into conversations with a welcoming smile ...

I did meet several very nice ladies, Brenda, Camille & Gayle from Texas and Debbie who lives here in the Tulsa area.  The ladies from the shop The Silver Needle were lovely and even Lindy's husband was great and such a trooper when it came to the food ... (he did some pretty amazing smoked chicken legs on Friday !!!)

On Wednesday, Mona held finishing classes to teach how to make all those little stitched items into useful "tools" and decorations.  When I received my registration packet there were 7 little charts included that were to be stitched in preparation of finishing.

This little piece titled "Four Fat Friends"  .... designed by Cynthia Zittel of The Drawn Thread




Became a wedge....with a little glue, cardboard, masking tape, fabric scraps, quilt batting, cording and a pretty bow made of wired ribbon.....




Then this "Tiny Sampler" designed by Lori Markovic of La D Da ......


.... A little more glue, cardboard, masking tape, fabric scraps, quilt batting, cording and a pretty bow made of wired ribbon along with a square of brown felt became this cute little box.....



I still have to glue the cording around the top .... 
Wednesday's last finishing project was a little fall banner using this design titled "The Pumpkin Keeper" also by Cynthia from The Drawn Thread



Using the same crafting supplies and substituting a raffia ribbon bow and orange silk leaf and some beads this cute little banner was made.


The day ended around 4 and I headed to The Doubletree to check in and grab some dinner.  I decided that since I was really BAD and had Arby's for lunch I would be good and find a Wendy's and get a salad ... so I opened up my handy dandy YELP app on my phone and struck out to get said salad .... After a 5 mile drive I turned the corner to the street said Wendy's was on, there stood an EMPTY building.  Although YELP said they were "open now" the only thing there was the building.... so what is a girl to do ?????




..... and it was truly much tastier than a salad anyway !!! 

As I said up front, its been a busy week & I'm tired so I'm gonna stop for now and catch you all when I get home....

Till next time, 

Cindi 
7.18 2015





No comments:

Post a Comment