background

Friday, July 17, 2015

Good Morning from Tulsa !!!

I believe I have mentioned a few times that I had a trip planned this month to a Cross Stitching Retreat in Tulsa, OK.  Two designers will be attending to share their designs, knowledge of needle arts and will be holding workshops for exclusive projects we will work on during the week and in my last post I shared the "homework" that was sent out in February for fun little finishing projects that will be taught.

Well, I'm there !!!

According to Google, the shop, The Silver Needle that is hosting the retreat is 6 hours & 43 minutes from my door to theirs which of course does not include gas, food & potty breaks, which I judge to add another hour to the drive).  Not really wanting to start out at 3 a.m. I decided to drive half way on Tuesday.  I left Memphis at 6:15 when Jere got home from work and drove to North Little Rock, AR which is about half way.  Nothing eventful to report from that leg of the journey EXCEPT the awful 18 wheeler races on I-40.  I swear, I'll get to clicking along at my usual "on the dot" speed limit (not) and DAMN another big ass truck pulls into the left lane going 36 mph passing a line of big ass trucks going 22 !

Wednesday morning I left Little Rock and headed west ...



After crossing the Arkansas/Oklahoma line, I noticed that the big ass trucks (aka 18 wheelers) had thinned out, and this may be due to the fact that it was morning and the trucks leaving all the Memphis hubs heading west were already through the area).  But what I did notice was LOTS of big ass PICK UPS ... with COWBOYS in them (well they had on cowboy hats).  The drive while rather boring did provide a little entertainment.  I went through a toll ... something we don't have around Tennessee ... 



This was on the Muskogee Turnpike which runs from I-40 up north west to Tulsa.  $1.50 later and I was again on my way.  Sassy, (my car) was clicking along nicely to a mile or two above the posted speed limit of 75 mph ....


...when I looked down at my navigation screen and noticed this .....


... there at the bottom of the screen, Sassy says the speed limit is 74 .....SEVENTY FOUR ??? ...guess she is tired .... and confused ....

...another of these to go through .... AND another $1.50 to get off the turnpike and I was spit into Tulsa TRAFFIC !!! OMG I thought traffic was bad on Goodman Road .... it ain't nothin compared to Tulsa (and it was 11:30 a.m. not what I would consider rush hour !) 





So I made it to The Silver Needle and got registered for the week.  It's going to be fun with pictures to follow ...

Gotta go for now ... first finishing class begins in 30 ! 

Till next time ...

Cindi 
7.15.2015




No comments:

Post a Comment