background

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thats a winner

 ... the boys (Mississippi RiverKings) got their first road win of the season !!! Peter stopped 22 of 23 shots on goal and the offense slapped 3 of 25 across the line giving them the win of 3 - 1 against the Louisiana IceGators.  Peter as usual was the "Mad Dog" behind the net.



For tonight's game, instead of going to the usual watch party at Olde Style Bar-B-Que, we stayed in and watched it via internet thrown up on the big screen via Google ChromeCast.

  Friends - John, Reba


... and RJ & Anisha



were here, and Reba brought dinner !!! Yummy !!! Home style Mac-N-Cheese and salad.  She even made fudge and brought Jere a jar of her home made applesauce.  Mother Earth, I call her with her gardening and canning and raising/home schooling of 5 kids (the pseudo-grands), goats, chickens, turkeys with the usual dogs running around keeping all the other animals it toe.  (She has assured me that the turkey going into the oven on Friday will be one she got from the meat department at the grocery and not her back yard) .... I just don't think I would be able to enjoy turkey having seen it in it's glory walking around the farm.

The weekend is going to be a busy one.  Tomorrow we will collect Peter  & head to Bill & Betty's in Collierville to celebrate Thanksgiving with some of our hockey guys.  Then on Friday we travel down to the Albro farm to spend the day with the Albro clan & the Wynns.  Saturday our Tigers play their final regular season game against UCONN at 3:00 and the Kings face off against the Columbus Cottonmouths at 6:30.  It's gonna be a race against time to be in our seats in time for the first puck drop!

It's been a crazy busy week so far. On Tuesday I spent the morning at the Lander's Center watching the Kings battle the IceGators in a 1-0 loss.  Most of the usual gang (Jere & RJ had to slave away at work) was there in Suite 1 for the first Face Off Field Trip rooting the guys on along with about 5,000 rowdy, screaming Desoto County school kids.  After the game I headed to the Fillin Station for a rather subdued after game party.  Today was spent preparing for the watch party tonight here at Casa Jackson and shopping/cooking for Thursday & Friday (no I didn't do ALL my Thanksgiving cooking at Kroger)

I did put a few stitches in the Halloween Fairy.

This is what she looked like on Sunday when I put her down.

11.23.2014

And here she is with the right wing almost done.


11.26.2014
. Traveling around Blogland, I visited a friend Astrid - of Dragon Stitches and Stuff and saw the cutest projects done by her son and his 1st grade friends.  All are so cute so if you have a minute, head over to her Blogspot and see the cute "I'm Not A Turkey" projects they did.

One that really caught my eye is by "Awesome MAN"



Isn't this little Cluck adorable ???



Well, the sand man is marching around in my eyes, so I'm off to bed for a few hours.  I'll catch you all on Sunday when I will be able to take a breath and do a little more stitchin.

Till next time,

Cindi
11.27.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment